Friday, September 26, 2008

Pregnant!

Having one child has been such a blessing we decided to start thinking about a second. We always knew we wanted another one, but when was always the question. Well...evidently now is the time for a second. We found out we were expecting the second week in August, although I knew well before then from the symptoms I was having. We are thrilled and can't wait to meet this little one. I am particularly thrilled because I did not want to have to miss church camp, and if all goes to plan I won't have to.

Wyatt is not really old enough to get excited about this, but he does say he wants a sister. Now we really do not care either way. I think having two boys would be a lot of fun and possibly keep our life a little more simple, but then again I just wonder what RussellandCassie girl would be like. So I am totally trusting God's call on this one. Russell says he wants a boy, but that is only because he is scared of being whipped by a little girl. But if you ask Wyatt if he wants a brother or sister, he always says, "baby sister".

I am 10 weeks and we had our first ultrasound done yesterday. I was very surprised at how much has already taken place in this baby's development just at 10 weeks. It was moving all over the place. We could see it arms, legs, eyes, even it's little fingers. I am so amazed at the developments of babies. I am a nerd and I like to read about my baby's development as it grows, but it just amazes me.

So until April 23 (my due date) we are soaking up all of the time we have with Wyatt before this adjustment. Our main concern is how he will do, it may kinda rock his world at first! I know he will be a great big brother though.

Here are a few of the ultrasound pics from yesterday.This is a pretty good one....it kinda looks like a little teddy bear to me.


In this one you can actually see it's little fingers. That is the top of the baby's head with his hands out if front if you can' tell.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Cassie! That's so exciting. I hope that you do have a girl... just so Russell will be wrapped around her tiny little finger. I'm sure Wyatt's got Russ around his little finger too. Congrats to both of you! Keep us posted on your progress.

jbrew said...

LOVE the pics! So excited to see who the next Kirpatrick will be!

Pambo said...

If Russell is anything like his brothers and dad, he will be like butter on a hot biscuit if he has a girl. Have you seen Rick and Robert around Macey? Pure putty! I'm sure Richard is no better around his two beauties. Either way, boy or girl, it's wonderful! Congratulations. I'm looking forward to meeting this new Kirkpatrick in April. If he/she is half as cute as Wyatt, we are all in for a treat!

Pambo said...

Hey, you should get a baby ticker on your blog like Kina has. Here's the link. I'm not sure how you put it on your blog but I bet Cindy could help you. Here's the link:

http://www.widgetbox.com/widget/baby-ticker

Happy Trails said...

You already know we're excited about this new Kirkpatrick coming into the world. We really don't care if it's boy or girl, just want a healthy baby. But---it would be fun to have a baby girl who looks as beautiful as her mother. We already have a boy as cute as his dad. We're praying for you and miss you all.

F. Deaton said...

Congrats to you both! I have known for awhile but kept it to myself! I am very excited for you and Wyatt will be a great big brother!!

Tim and Sherri said...

YEA...congratulations! That is so wonderful. And you won't have to be pregnant in the heat of the summer. Well, you were, but at least not 9 months pregnant. Keep us posted...that's wonderful news!

The Caldwells said...

Hey Girl! I thought I had already heard, so glad you announced/confirmed :) Nate & Micah are 30 mo. apart and that's a nice age.... they play so well together. Congrats! Miss you and can't wait to meet the new Kirkpatrick one day.