Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fall Festival Fun

Well it's been a few weeks, but we recently had our annual Hopkins County Fall Festival here in Sulphur Springs. It is a pretty big deal, just craziness actually. This is when the whole stew contest takes place. We spent pretty much all day out at the festival, our church was passing our free bottles of water from one of the stew sites. Oh and also, the stew contest champions this year are from our church and happened to be whose stew site we were passing water out from. They won it a couple of years ago too, yea it's pretty good.
It was a great weekend other than Wyatt running into this river/creek thing and
Russell running in after him leaving them both soaking wet. It wasn't very deep, but there was a pretty good little current and thank goodness Russell caught him.
After the stew contest we went and let Wyatt ride a couple of the little carnival rides they had there:

A little peek at the world champion of chicken stew.


Wyatt had a blast on this flying elephant???

Waving at Daddy
I have a picture of me and my mom just like this!

I think he was trying to put a move on the girl next to him.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wyatt seems to be putting the moves on the girl with the wild hair. So, Wyatt likes the wild women, huh? :) Very cute. It really looks like he's trying to sneak his arm around her.

I think Friendship should have a community-wide stew/chili cook-off. That would be interesting.

Enjoyed the pics. Keep em coming!

Pambo said...

Love the photos of Wyatt. He is getting so big. Guess he's not afraid of rides. He looks more than relaxed. It's funny that it looks like he's putting the moves on that crazy-haired little girl. I like a chick with attitude!

Happy Trails said...

You didn't tell me about Wyatt running into the water, you'll have to explain that one to me sometime. That boy is sooo cute and the pic of you and him on the merry-go-round is precious. That's sweet that you have one of yourself and your mom like it. It does look like he's trying to get fresh with that little girl, not just his arm on the back of the seat but the look in his eyes. What a charmer he is. We sure miss you, I'm so thankful for internet, blogs, shutterfly and all the other ways we can stay in contact.

Cindy Kirkpatrick said...

YUM! I can almost taste the stew! Sounds like a fun day! Except the water incident! Tell Russell I had to jump into the swimming pool (jeans and all) because I thought Macey was drowning (2 years ago). She then pops her head up and is laughing! Talk about furious! Just glad they were okay! I am sure you can relate!

Wyatt is getting so big! Can't wait to see you guys again!

debra parker said...

Hey Cassie. I was looking for you on facebook and somehow found you on here instead...

I love finding people who blog.