That's right, our very own Sulphur Springs Wildcats won the State Championship in Class 4A football. These last couple of months have been really neat to watch 0ur small little Texas town back their hometown team and support them as they worked toward this state title. They have been in the playoffs for the last 4 weeks so it has been really exciting to keep up with our Wildcats....going to games, listening intently to games on the radio, and on t.v! The state Championship was yesterday in San Antonio at the Alamo Dome. We already had planned take the kids to Holiday in the Park, but Six Flags can wait....state championship games can't. So we took a group of 35 down to San Antonio for the game yesterday and had a great time. At first I thought we might be crazy. We left the church at 4 a.m. and didn't return home until a little after midnight. San Antonio is about a 5-6 hour drive, plus....remember traveling with 35 people....ya know eating and bathroom stops all take much longer! But we were so glad we went. I was told that our town pre-sold 15,000 tickets to the game, which blows my mind because our population sign say like 14,000. Needless to say....there were a lot of blue and gold in San Antonio yesterday! And thank goodness God provided us with safety and good travels. Congratulations Wildcats!
Ok, so I was tagged by Cindy Kirkpatrick! Ladies you know how this works, so here goes....
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?Definitely Hot Chocolate! I actually kinda like Egg Nog, but Hot Chocolate is way better.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?This is a big dillemma this year. We are really wondering what Santa will do with Wyatt presents this year because when I was little Santa always wrapped his presents in matching paper but Russell says that Santa always just sat his presents under the tree. I am thinking Santa should wrap the small ones and set out the big ones.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?White on the tree for sure and this year we don't have lights on the house, but I really like the lights with just red and white.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?Nope......but we always did when I was little and that brings back so many memories!
5. When do you put your decorations up?The weekend after Thanksgiving. I like to have them up as long as possible.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?Ham and chocolate pie
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Hearing my parents up on Christmas morning and running to wake up my brother and sister.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't know, but I think it later than most!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I always did presents with my grandparents on Christmas eve so yes.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?Well...it WAS decorated in red and gold ornaments and many ornaments we've been given that are special, but it seems to look more and more bare every day. I keep finding ornaments in many places throughout the house, so many of our ornaments are on the kitchen counter for safe keeping.
11. Snow, Love it or dread it? I love it! Some of my favorite memories are of snow days playing with my family and friends.
12. Can you ice skate?Yes..it's lots of fun!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?Kinda funny the only one I really remember is a little indoor basketball goal, I always got presents but I just can't remember specifics. I remember the basketball goal because we all played with it together that day.
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you?Keeping things in perspective of whole reason for Christmas and enjoying season of reflecting on what Jesus did for us that first Christmas morning.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?Chocolate pie
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?Decorating the tree together as a family with a christmas movie or music on. That isn't exactly Russell's idea....but he endures.
17. What tops your tree? A Star
18. Which do you prefer - giving or receiving?Definitely giving!
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?Joy to The World
20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck? They are okay
21. What do you want for Christmas? Too see Wyatt open his gifts!
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? Yes...usually 2 or 3.
23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ's? Dress up for Christmas Eve services then home to PJ's
24. Do you own a Santa hat?No.
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with?We will spend Christmas morning with just us at home. We will go to Oklahoma that afternoon for Christmas with my family and then Christmas with Russell's family the next day.
Wow! This month is literally flying by! The last couple of months have been pretty busy with Thanksgiving, watching the Sooner's win the Big 12, and all the Christmas festivities that come along with this season. I love this time of year, but just wish the there was a little more time in every day. We are past halfway in this pregnancy....and doctor says it's gonna be a boy! We've known this for a while, I just haven't posted it. I am now 22 weeks and have started feeling the little guy move quite often. We have kinda joked that since Wyatt is such an "active" little boy that maybe it would be nice if this one was just a little bit more "laid back". Just kidding....I love Wyatt's spunk and wouldn't want him any other way. He is a lot of fun and always keeps us laughing. Last week I took some pictures of Wyatt for our Christmas Card and got some pretty cute pictures.....here are a few that we didn't use.
Okay...I know it was like a month ago. But....I just can't go on with other posts until I have posted about this boy's tractor birthday. He is still talking about his tractor birthday today. We had some family come down for the party which made it lots of fun. My sister and her son and my sister in law (my brother's wife) and her two boys came down for the big day. So we had a very busy house for a couple days. Wyatt doesn't get to be around them very often so it was pretty special to have them here and get to play . We also had some surprise guests, who we were sooo excited to see. Russell's brother Robert and wife Cindy came with their two kids Logan and Macey. It just made Wyatt's day...he asks to see Logan and Macey just about everyday now. Of course Mamaw and Papaw were here as well as some good friends from church. Here are some pics of the party....sorry for the overload.
Tractor Birthday Cake....Yes I made it myself. Note to self: writing with icing is very hard! Wyatt loved his cake!
Logan and Macey with Birthday Boy!
What is it??
Yea...it makes lots of noise!
Here are a few pictures of our time with my nephews before Wyatt's party....it got pretty crazy at times....but was so much fun!
Last year was Wyatt's first Halloween, but since we had church that night we decided not to dress him up. So this year made for the big man's first Halloween to dress up. My dad sent Wyatt a cute little monkey costume which he wore for a little while, but it did get a little warm, so we happened to have a few items on hand to throw together a cowboy costume. We went to a local school carnival with some friends and their two daughters. We did stop at one house...to see baby Cameron who was an adorable monkey!