Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Tagged

Ok, so I was tagged by Cindy Kirkpatrick! Ladies you know how this works, so here goes....

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Definitely Hot Chocolate! I actually kinda like Egg Nog, but Hot Chocolate is way better.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? This is a big dillemma this year. We are really wondering what Santa will do with Wyatt presents this year because when I was little Santa always wrapped his presents in matching paper but Russell says that Santa always just sat his presents under the tree. I am thinking Santa should wrap the small ones and set out the big ones.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White on the tree for sure and this year we don't have lights on the house, but I really like the lights with just red and white.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope......but we always did when I was little and that brings back so many memories!

5. When do you put your decorations up? The weekend after Thanksgiving. I like to have them up as long as possible.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Ham and chocolate pie

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Hearing my parents up on Christmas morning and running to wake up my brother and sister.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't know, but I think it later than most!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I always did presents with my grandparents on Christmas eve so yes.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Well...it WAS decorated in red and gold ornaments and many ornaments we've been given that are special, but it seems to look more and more bare every day. I keep finding ornaments in many places throughout the house, so many of our ornaments are on the kitchen counter for safe keeping.

11. Snow, Love it or dread it? I love it! Some of my favorite memories are of snow days playing with my family and friends.

12. Can you ice skate? Yes..it's lots of fun!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Kinda funny the only one I really remember is a little indoor basketball goal, I always got presents but I just can't remember specifics. I remember the basketball goal because we all played with it together that day.

14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? Keeping things in perspective of whole reason for Christmas and enjoying season of reflecting on what Jesus did for us that first Christmas morning.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Chocolate pie

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Decorating the tree together as a family with a christmas movie or music on. That isn't exactly Russell's idea....but he endures.

17. What tops your tree? A Star

18. Which do you prefer - giving or receiving? Definitely giving!

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Joy to The World

20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck? They are okay

21. What do you want for Christmas? Too see Wyatt open his gifts!

22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? Yes...usually 2 or 3.

23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ's? Dress up for Christmas Eve services then home to PJ's

24. Do you own a Santa hat? No.

25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? We will spend Christmas morning with just us at home. We will go to Oklahoma that afternoon for Christmas with my family and then Christmas with Russell's family the next day.

Publish Post

No comments: