Sunday, September 14, 2008

Playing In Ike!

Yesterday we did absolutely nothing. Well, I take that back. We did go to the Fall Festival parade, then went to buy gas and groceries to make our preparations for Hurricane Ike. We made all the preparations...so when it hit...we did nothing. Well Wyatt wasn't too big on this nothing deal he kept asking to go outside. We decided why not.....it was just a lot of rain and a little wind....no lightning or anything. So we let the kid be a kid and play in the rain. We made his day. He was sooo excited to explore in the rain.
The news people made it sound like it was just gonna tear through Sulphur Springs so we were expecting much more than Ike brought us..which we are grateful for. It did bring a nice relaxing do nothing Saturday afternoon. Here is Wyatt out in the "storm".


3 comments:

Cindy Kirkpatrick said...

I love it! Macey did the absolute same thing! I was going to make her come in and Robert said... "just let her be a kid and play in it". I took a couple of pics to post too! Wyatt looks like he was having a blast!

Pambo said...

What, no photo of Russell playing in the rain? Now that would have been funny. Wyatt is so cute, no surprise there. I love his little grin and I'm glad he got to play in the rain. Kids really don't get to be kids very much any more. Glad Ike didn't do any damage in Sulphur Springs.

Anonymous said...

I really like that second picture. It's cute when kids are facinated by the simplest things. I love it.