Saturday, September 20, 2008

I LOVE FALL!

Well...this is my absolute favorite time of year...FALL. I love the cool weather and when the leaves change colors. I think I might even like the pretty fall decorations as much as I like Christmas decorations. Plus...fall usually means it is time to start listening to Christmas music.
But the #1 one reason I love fall is because it means FOOTBALL.
I love football and probably would have tried to play if my dad would have allowed it. I have grown up watching my brother's football games on Friday nights and then on Saturday watching the Sooners play. When I was in high school I was not able to go to many of Russell's football games because I had commitments to my school, but I got my way out of many of our games just so I could go see Russell in those tight pants. :)
Last night we took Wyatt to a Sulphur Springs HS football game. He loved it...he was way excited. Clapping along with the band, trying to kick like the cheerleaders (i know that concerned me too.), and kept saying "Get em boys". I really hope he continues to like football all of his life.....sure I like other sports...but football is the most fun to watch.
I forgot the camera at this game....so sorry no pictures.

4 comments:

The Caldwells said...

Yes! Finally someone who likes this time of year as much as I do! It seems like all my friends are about summer. I do like having all 4 seasons, but my fav is fall and winter. bring on the music! woo-hoo!

i really like football too. we recently switched internet/phone packages (they were ripping us off and didn't tell us) and we saved a large sum of money and put only half of it into getting some channels on our satelite and now Danny gets the NASN (espn for europe) so we saw Dallas' first game and LOTS of college ball. He's in guy heaven! haha!

Pambo said...

You'll have to double up on the photos next time. I love seeing that cutie pie (Wyatt, not Russell, well I like seeing Wyatt's daddy almost as much!) Russell is really blessed to be married to a sports nut. I'm not big on sports, but my favorite is basketball. I'm with you - fall rocks!

Happy Trails said...

Oh my goodness, what's this stuff about watching my son in tight pants? Had I only known. I have to admit he was cute and still is for that matter. I'm glad you and Wyatt like football and other sports because you'll have many hours of being a sports widow if you don't. I also agree with you on the season. Even though I am a red freak I love the colors of fall, well that does include a bit of red. The trees here in NY are beginning to change and I can't wait for the fall foliage.

Cindy Kirkpatrick said...

Well... you sure married into the right family! If the tv is on here at home this time of year, you can guarantee that a football game is on! I am SLOWLY learning to enjoy watching it myself. That is funny that you wanted to play football. This morning before church Macey was saying she wanted to play football. Then after church, Logan was telling us that Macey cried during church when a little boy pushed her. Don't think she "quite" understands what football is all about!! Glad to know Wyatt is into the games! I bet that makes daddy proud!