Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Family Update--It's a long one!

There have been a lot of changes in our family’s life that I have not really had the time to update on here. Russell and I have felt God moving us on from our ministry at Central. After a chance meeting with a pastor of a church in Greenville, TX and an invitation to come candidate for a position we felt led to resign our position at Central to seek God’s direction in our lives. We resigned not knowing for sure what the future had for us…but just trusting God. After a couple weeks of visiting Family Fellowship in Greenvile Russell accepted the High School youth pastor position. We are very excited about what God is doing! Saying Goodbye to our students at Central was difficult, but knowing this is all part of God’s plan seems to make things a little easier. His plan is always better than mine. So as far as the details we are trying to sell our house and Russell is commuting to Greenville everyday. We will be living in staff house that will not be available for a couple of months so having our house is a blessing right now. Our last Sunday at Central was actually July 12…so we have had some time off to enjoy together as a family. We have tried to make the most of our time by visiting family in Oklahoma, and spending time with the boys, and lets just say Russell has had his share of fishing this last month. I am really behind on my posts….so I am going to try and play catch up this week. So here are a few pictures of a little day trip we made to Splash Kingdom in Canton, TX:
(these are in the opposite order I meant to put them in)





2 comments:

Pambo said...

That Wyatt just kills me! He is super adorable and I love the water slide photo. Glad I got to see him while he was visiting his Mamaw and Papaw.
I'm very excited to see what God has in store for your family. I am happy that God just opened doors and made this move very clear for you. What a blessing, but I know you will miss your youth group and church family.

Happy Trails said...

I'm so proud of you guys and the giant step of faith you took. Enjoyed getting to keep the boys and spend time with you in tx and here. Can't wait to see how God will use you as you step outside the box and grow in your new ministry. Love how He is leading and providing. Just follow that lamp lit path.