Thursday, April 23, 2009

Warren Aidan

Yes...I know it is over a week late, but I've been pretty busy healing and adjusting to life with another little one to love.

My contractions started early Sunday morning but were pretty far apart. They were enough to keep me and Wyatt home from church on Easter though. We went into the hospital Sunday evening around 6 thinking my water may have ruptured. When they saw my blood pressure was pretty elevated my doctor wanted to speed things up. So he broke my water and started the oxytocin around 6:30. The contractions were coming on really strong after that. Got an epidural finally around 8:00 after three attempts. Around 9:30 I was fully dialated and sent the nurses running to get everything ready. After about 5 minutes of pushing we had our little Warren in our arms.

Warren Aidan Kirkpatrick
April 12, 2009
8 lbs. 6 oz
20 1/2 inches

Here are a few pictures of our new little man. I will try and not overload you with pictures, but I have a ton to post. I will be posting more later!


Warren shortly after his big entrance!

After being cleaned up a bit.

Me and my boys!

Wyatt meets Warren. Since Warren was born late in the evening, we decided not to bring Wyatt up to the hospital till the next morning. So here is there first meeting.

Too sweet.



First bath.

His first day at home.


Father Son Bonding

I just love this picture!!

Tons more to post.

It has almost been two weeks and we are getting pretty adjusted. Wyatt had a pretty rough first week, but this past week has been much better. He absolutely loves Warren, so much he wants to squeeze him REALLY hard....so we have to make sure he is gentle. Warren is a great baby so far, I couldn't ask for more. We are so thankful for two healthy boys!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Cassie. We are so happy for you guys. I'm sure it's such a relief to have the labor over with, and have that sweet, healthy boy home. Glad Wyatt is loving his baby brother.
:)

Terri said...

Those pictures are ADORABLE!! Congratulations on your precious new baby boy! We are so very happy for you!

Cindy Kirkpatrick said...

Warren is sooooo cute! I can't wait to see him in person! Love all that hair! Can't remember if Wyatt had that much hair when he was born or not? Hope you are feeling better and adjusting to a newborn again! You have such a sweet family and I think it is sweet when you say "My boys"!

Tim and Sherri said...

He is so precious. I can't get over that hair...I bet you've been hearing that a lot. I still hear it about Hayden and he's 1 1/2. Congrats...I bet it's gonna be a wild but fun next few years at your house! Love ya...
PS...I "resigned" from teaching last Monday to stay at home! :)